Home   Step 1
Register First
Step 2
Login After Registration

If it appears that your situation is long-term or will permanently affect your ability to bring your account current:
Mortgage Modification
Receive modified terms of your mortgage to make it more affordable or manageable after successfully making the reduced payment during a "trial period" (i.e., completing a three [or four] month trial period plan).

This permanently modifies your mortgage so that your payment or terms are more manageable as a permanent solution to a long-term or permanent hardship.
Claim Advance
If your mortgage is insured, you may qualify for an interest-free loan from your mortgage guarantor to bring your account current. The repayment of this loan may be delayed for several years.
The Process Outline
  1. Register your information here.
  2. You will receive an email to ask you to setup your password.
  3. Login to the Homeowner Assistance Program web site to fill out the application form.
  4. Once you fill out the application form, one of our representatives will contact you to discuss the possible options for your particular situation.

     The right option for you depends on your individual circumstances. If you provide all required information and documentation about your situation, we can determine if you qualify for temporary or long-term relief, including solutions that may allow you to stay in your home (refinance, repayment, forbearance, loan modification) or leave your home while avoiding foreclosure (short sale or deed-in-lieu of foreclosure).

     Approval of any of these options may be subject to the Investor and/or Insurer of the loan. In order to evaluate each of these options, your lender will require you to provide your financial information, letter of circumstance and a listing agreement among other items.

     U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)-approved counselors are available to provide you with the information and assistance you may need to avoid foreclosure. You can use the search tool at http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/fc/ to find a counselor near you.